Planning to Finance
You should ask the following 10 questions as you plan the financing of your education.
Some questions are general and apply to any school you might attend; others are more specific to the programs and procedures of each school you are considering. Remember, financing your education will involve a collaboration among you, your family, the school you attend, and your lender(s)
- What should I be doing now to prepare for the cost of my education?
- What financial aid programs are available to me at the school I am considering attending?
- What can I do once I arrive on campus to minimize the cost of school?
- What is the financial aid process and how do I apply for financial assistance?
- What financing options do I have if I cannot pay the full cost of school from my own resources and those of my family?
- What is done with the information I provide?
- What is the purpose of financial aid and what do I need to know about the process?
- What should I know about the aid (e.g., grants, loans, work-study) I am offered?
- What is the basic philosophy of the financial aid system?
- What impact will the loan(s) I borrow have on me after I complete my education?